You can become a member of the SIZ by applying for membership.
- First year (the year of membership application) FREE membership
- 100 €
- Reduced fee for junior doctors (<35y) 50 €
Membership Benefits :
- Participation in the Scientific activities : Annual congress, PopUP meetings, SIZ Award, SIZ-endorsed meetings, etc.
- Discount: on the registration fees at our Annual Congress.
- Access to the members’ area on the SIZ website
- Free access to the CEBAM digital library for health, including following journals:
- N Engl J Med
- British Med Journal
- Annals Int Med.
- Intensive Care Med
- Crit Care Med
- Current Opinion in Critical Care
- Cochrane Library
- Dual membership with ESICM now also for existing SIZ and ESICM members! ESICM offers a years of 40 euro on their membership fee (110 euro instead of 150) to all new and existing members who are member of a national society.
- access to the electronic version of the Journal (Intensive Care Medicine),
- discounts on the meetings,
- access to the PACT web-based learning program
- copy of the ESICM yearbook
Please note that the SIZ has two types of membership, both enjoying the benefits mentioned above.
Ordinary members are physicians who are active in critical care medicine, have obtained the professional title in intensive care medicine and are working in an ICU for at least 50% of their professional activity. They can vote at the general assembly and can be elected in the board of the society.
Physicians who to not meet these criteria and other healthcare workers active in critical care medicine can become an associate member. They cannot vote, or be elected for positions in the board.
Finally, the Belgian Society for Intensive Care would appreciate your support to recruit new members. If you have colleagues that are not SIZ member yet, please ask them to join us.
For more info, please contact email@example.com