9th IFAD - October 26th, 2019 - Fundación Universidad - Empresa de la Universitat de València, Plaza Virgen de la Paz, 3. 46001 Valencia, Spain Tel. 963 262 600 Fax. 963 262 700 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.adeituv.es/en/
A neglected topic for way too long, the interest in fluid therapy seems to be quickly rising as the medical community is making a shift from looking at fluids as a mere method of stabilization towards the appreciation of its relevant side effects.
Many questions remain to be answered indeed:
- Is the upgrade from saline 0.9% to balanced crystalloids worth the extra cost?
- Does HES still have a place in the OR?
- Do we have to fill the gap left by HES on ICU with crystalloids, other colloids or even albumin?
- Is it really impossible to avoid fluid overload by using only crystalloids?
- Is there still a definitive place for human albumin?
- How do we treat and monitor specific patient populations, like patients with trauma, liver failure, brain edema and right heart failure among others?
- How do we avoid a one-size-fits-all regimen in perioperative goal-directed therapy?
- What with the fluids beyond resuscitation?
- And what do the authors of the big fluid trials do in real life themselves?
The 9th International Fluid Academy Day will again be a 1 day concise meeting on all aspects of fluid managament and hemodynamic monitoring in the critically ill.
ADEIT – Fundación Universidad – Empresa de la Universitat de València, Plaza Virgen de la Paz, 3. 46001 Valencia, Spain Tel. 963 262 600 Fax. 963 262 700 email@example.com
Date: October 26th 2019, 8:00 – 18:00