Session 1: Redefining antibiotic use in the ICU (Moderators J Wauters – F Taccone)
- 08.45-09.00: The microbiome in the ICU – P Jorens, Antwerp
- 09.05-09.20: Reducing antibiotic use in the ICU: how to refrain from starting and how to stop – L De Bus, Ghent
- 09.25-09.40: The grim future of antibiotics for severe infections – what are the alternatives? – M Hites, Brussels
- 09.45-09.50: Free communication 1.
- 09.50-09.55: Free communication 2.
- 10.00-10.45: Coffee break & poster round
Session 2: Sepsis management update (Moderators K Colpaert – X Wittebole)
- 10.45-11.00: Future therapies in sepsis – PF Laterre, Brussels
- 11.05-11.35: The new SSC guidelines – the good, the bad and the ugly – D De Backer, Brussels
- 11.40-11.45: Free communication 3.
- 11.45-11.50: Free communication 4.
Session 3: Keynote lecture (Moderator K De Decker)
- 12.00-12.25: Acute liver failure – J Wendon, London
- 12.45-13.30: Lunch break
- 13.30-13.55: SIZ General Assembly
Session 5: Keynote lecture (Moderator G Meyfroidt)
- 14.00-14.25: What to do before ECMO – getting ARDS management right – M Ranieri, Rome
Session 6: Cardiorespiratory support (Moderators G Hermans – M Ranieri)
- 14.30-14.45: Extracorporeal CPR to assist out of hospital cardiac arrest: saving lives or a bridge too far? – O Van Caenegem, Leuven
- 14.50-15.05: Cardiac mechanical support systems: from bridge to transplantation to destination therapy – Droogne W, Brussels
- 15.10-15.25: Extracorporeal CO2 removal: is there any role for it? – H Peperstraete, Ghent
- 15.30-16.00: Coffee break
Session 7: Renal and liver support (Moderators E Hoste – PF Laterre)
- 16.00-16.15: Presentation SIZ award winner:
- 16.15-16.30: Best abstract winner award ceremony
- 16.30-16.45: High-volume plasma exchange in liver failure – J Wendon, London
- 16.50-17.05: Regional anticoagulation during CRRT: facts and pitfalls – Verbrugghe W, Antwerp
- 17.10-17.25: CRRT: does timing and intensity matter? – G De Vlieger, Leuven
- 17.30: Adjourn and Cocktail